If you are anything like us, you’ve been looking forward to this year’s festival season with baited breath. And now it’s finally here! If you haven’t yet figured out which event to go to, have another look at our top 10 events for the summer. Before you get so excited you forget to pack your toothbrush, use our list of essentials (and good-to-haves) to help you pack and then just get on the road!
Don’t leave the house without these, or what was meant to be a wonderful experience could end up being unforgettable for all the wrong reasons:
- Camping gear. This includes a whole list of things, so pay attention: tent (if the poles aren’t in the bag, find them!), tent pegs, mallet, sleeping bag, or just the sleeping bag sheet if you are really warm at night, air mattress (those self-inflating ones are brilliant) or roll mat. You will also need a torch (don’t forget to get new batteries or to charge it up before you set off) and a couple of camping chairs for that morning coffee or late night stargazing.
- Food. While there’s always plenty of food around, do you really want to be spending money on bad quality sausages and stale bread for days? Not to mention queuing for hours and possibly missing out on some of the fun. If you are vegetarian or have any other dietary requirements, festival food may not even be an option for you. You can avoid all that with a little bit of planning. Make up some sandwiches before you set off, or buy what you need for them, get some home-cooked food ready or maybe even some salad stuff, and put it all into a cooler. You can always buy fresh ice along the way and at the festival itself to keep everything fresh and cool. For the camping die-hards, there is also the full-on cooking gear that you will be pretty handy with by now – remember to pack that if that’s you!
- Umbrellas. Yes, you read that right. We’ve had the heatwave and the storms, so be prepared for both with a good camping umbrella that will keep you and your gear dry and in the shade.
- Clothes and toiletries. We won’t tell you what to wear – that’s entirely up to you – just don’t forget to pack some clean clothes! As for the toiletry essentials, pack a toothbrush and some toothpaste and you should be good to go.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent. You can burn even when it’s cloudy so get that sunscreen into your bag. And we guarantee that there will be midges and mosquitoes wherever you may be in the UK, so don’t forget the repellent too.
- Water. If the hot weather comes back, you’re going to need lots of it to stay hydrated. It’s also good for washing if you forget the baby wipes. Remember to pack the baby wipes too!
- Rubbish bags. Not that you’ll forget to pick up your rubbish…but it’s easy to forget to pack the rubbish bags.
- Don’t forget the tickets!
How are you going to transport all this stuff? Get a van! We have plenty for you to choose from, so if you need to hire one for the day, weekend, or week (or longer) get in touch with us at CVS Van Hire. Give us a call on 020 8003 2785 and we’ll get you the right one.